Did you know?
- More young people do adventurous activities as Scouts than with any other organisation.
- No other organisation offers such a range of challenging or exciting activities as Scouting.
- The youngest person to walk to the South Pole was a Scout (Andrew Cooney).
- Each year 20,000 Scouts take part in the fitness challenge badge (and achieve it!)
- Each year Scouts undertaking the Queen’s Scout Award walk the equivalent distance of once around the world.
- Each year Scouts spend over 2 million nights away from home doing adventurous activities.
- 11 of the 12 people to walk on the moon were once Scouts.
- You are never more than 10 miles from a Scout Meeting Place – adventure is accessible.